Lowe's Selkirk Supervent Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
clutch25 said:
crazy_dan said:
clutch25 said:
I've got some mega time built between me and the high temp copper RTV....good stuff....

I appreciate the info but couldn't have cared less by the time I got mine installed...got everything up on the roof and had to run back to Lowes with a bad section of pipe...during rush hour...NOT HAPPY!

??? Rush hour in ND ???
Was there really 3 cars at the stop sign, or are you fooling with us? ;-P
I'm thinking Fargo or Bismark.

Yep, Fargo....

You are about on point for the "rush hour".... We have it pretty easy for traffic around here!

I was born on the other side of the state in Elgin about 80 miles south east of Bismark down on 21

greythorn3 said:
what do you mean 3 layers?

They didn't tear off the old shingles...just went over them with new ones...TWICE!

I take it these installs were done when the weather was warm - do you think i'd have a problem installing my roof flashing and working with shingles when it's 10 degrees outside? I'd like to get everything finished up but am concerned that i might start breaking shingles if i get in there with a flat wonderbar and try to bend the shingles to nail them.

thoughts?

thanks a lot!

Gator. I am an amateur on roofing but I'd sure like temps above freezing to bend asphalt, esp if they had any age on them. Maybe a roofer will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.