Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcgr8one

Oct 24, 2012
Southern NH
So I was on my way to my local lowes to pick up some Green Team. Online it said they were open until 8. Got there at 7:15 and they are closed. I saw the different types of pellets outside and now the Green Team is 274 a ton. Last week it was 260. I was going to use the movers coupon before it expires but at these prices are they worth it? I was planning on spending 234 after the coupon but 250 after the coupon now seams to high. I am about to go to my local stove shop and get a ton of New England for 259 delivered and a ton of Vermont for 279 delivered. Is Green team still worth it?

NEWP..... ugh.

Gotta assume you live in the northeast. My local HD has pellets for $209 still. No idea what they were though. White cover on the ton. Prob rules out NEWP (brand) but could be GS aka NEWP.

I assume when you say there is a world of difference you mean that green team is better.

I am in the northeast and yes lowes has GS for 209.

I also hear that GS is the same pellet as the New England pellets that are at the stove shop for 259. Three of my neighbors get deliveries of New England pellets from that shop.

Whatever you choose, if it's a new to you pellet, I strongly recommend you try a bag first.

Very mixed opinions on NEWP on here.

AVOID NEWP's.....can't speak for the GS but many here say they are newp rebagged.

I used new england for a couple of days heat was great very little ash switched over to GS and was less heat and stove got filthy and glass blackened up. Going to save New englands for cold weather.

I'd go with the Vermonts -- love the softwoods.

Like OMV, I tossed a bag of GS in my hopper this afternoon. Burning 'em when I barely need 'em.

I am in northern ny and am not impressed with pellet choices. North.americans are stocked everywhere. Lowes.has gt for 260. No way im buying those. I could buy 12 more bags of north americans.

So it sounds like I should just spend the extra money and go with Vermont.

Home DESPOT in Plaistow N.H. has what looks looks 80 tons of pellets outside in the rain. Priced at $208.00 a ton (Early Buy)
I took a look at what was under the white plastic cover as it was fork trucked ripped. Fireside Ultras
Jim will PASS

So I was on my way to my local lowes to pick up some Green Team. Online it said they were open until 8. Got there at 7:15 and they are closed. I saw the different types of pellets outside and now the Green Team is 274 a ton. Last week it was 260. I was going to use the movers coupon before it expires but at these prices are they worth it? I was planning on spending 234 after the coupon but 250 after the coupon now seams to high. I am about to go to my local stove shop and get a ton of New England for 259 delivered and a ton of Vermont for 279 delivered. Is Green team still worth it?
Went to Lowes yesterday, Vets Day, with a copy of my DD214 and paid $188.00 per ton. Picked up 2 ton.

Yes, 188 is correct for GS but I was talking about Green Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.