LP to natural gas VERMONT CASTINGS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hotwings4

Jan 30, 2020
Loser113
I have a Vermont castings stove that I need to convert from lp to natural gas, the company is telling me that the conversion kit is no longer available, can anyone tell me if there is some way to convert without the kit from VC, the part number is 5092 just in case somebody has access to some new old stock

I have a Vermont castings stove that I need to convert from lp to natural gas, the company is telling me that the conversion kit is no longer available, can anyone tell me if there is some way to convert without the kit from VC, the part number is 5092 just in case somebody has access to some new old stock
It is possible to convert 2 NG without the kit. There are three things that need to be changed. The gas valve pressure regulator, the main burner orifice size, and the pilot orifice. I would consider these three things to be above the skill of MOST homeowners.

if I take it to a guy who works on gas appliances and gave him this info could he do it? Can you provide me with any exact items or sizes of parts needed?

Somebody that works on gas appliances, and is qualified to do this, will be able to figure out part numbers needed and what to do.