Lubricate the convection motor??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
This is the 1st time I've done a yearly cleaning and was reading through the manual and it tells me to clean and lubricate the convection motor. I can find the convection motor but I'm not sure what I should be lubricating and with what I should be doing the lubrication with? Please help.

I have noticed a tremendous amount of ash in the "T" connector. Seems pretty dangerous. This cleaning is something I plan to do more often next year. I have yet to do it this year and burned about 2 tons of pellets.

One more thing. In the quick connect part of the stove (it connects to the T connector) there is a something that feels like cloth and looks like insulation. Basically a square with a hole through it, seems like a gasket to me. Can I buy these anywhere. The one that is there now got ripped while I was vaccumming.

Thanks!

This is the 1st time I've done a yearly cleaning and was reading through the manual and it tells me to clean and lubricate the convection motor. I can find the convection motor but I'm not sure what I should be lubricating and with what I should be doing the lubrication with? Please help.

I have noticed a tremendous amount of ash in the "T" connector. Seems pretty dangerous. This cleaning is something I plan to do more often next year. I have yet to do it this year and burned about 2 tons of pellets.

One more thing. In the quick connect part of the stove (it connects to the T connector) there is a something that feels like cloth and looks like insulation. Basically a square with a hole through it, seems like a gasket to me. Can I buy these anywhere. The one that is there now got ripped while I was vaccumming.

Thanks!
Convection motor, topside of the motor there will be two small holes fore and aft of the casing. Looking down at the motor housing they are rotated to about 11 o clock. You want to squirt 3 drops of 3 & 1 oil blue label in there. You can use the gasket with a tear in it but not if a piece is missing.

See these pics.....could be either one. If you have the yellow plugs, just pull them out to lube.

2-3 drops of non detergent 20W oil (3 in 1 oil in blue can, or red can if that's all you can find).

Attachments

• blower lube ports.jpg
    blower lube ports.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 270
  • ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 237
AH, Very nice!! Thanks for the pics!! I saw those holes but wasn't sure if those were the ones. Perfect... I put the stove back but I'll pull the sucker back out and oil it up.

Attachments

• oilholesya.jpg
    oilholesya.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.