1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

lurker has signed on

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Downeaster, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Downeaster

Downeaster New Member

Loc:
    Downeast, Me
    I have been lurking here for a week or so, and have decided to join in. I have burned wood for many years, but am brand new to pellet stoves. I recently purchased a Harmon Accentra that will be installed in my 1200 sq/ft ranch. After reading many of you talk about the trouble your having buying pellets, I decided it was time for me to get in gear and start looking for some. The two places I have local (EBS and Viking) are both out and will not have any until late Sept. and the price at one place was 279/ton and the other would not even quote a price. I next called Granville in Holden, which is about a 45 min. drive from where I live, and was quoted a price of 229/ton with a late Sept. early Oct. delivery. I was told they would take my name and let me know when they came in. Needless to say, I gave them my name. I have the ability to pick them up myself, so a delivery fee is not included. If anyone knows of other resources for pellets in the Bar Harbor / Ellsworth area, the information will be appreciated. Thanks for all the help you supply through your knowledge.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Souzafone

Souzafone Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    Welcome aboard.
  3. SNAPMAN61

SNAPMAN61 Member

Loc:
    LITCHFIELD,ME.
    Both EBS and Granville are Corinth Wood Pellet distributors. That's quite a difference in price.................I paid $229 a ton for Corinth Pellets in June so it looks like Granville would be the way to go.
  4. Downeaster

Downeaster New Member

Loc:
    Downeast, Me
    The 279/ton was Viking, EBS wouldn't qoute a price until the shipment came.
  5. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    ok, before you guys start thinking im tossing a shameless attempt at advertizing out there, let me offer our "dealer locator" in this case not to look for stoves (feel free though if inclined :) ) but most all of the listed dealers in our directory sell pellets as well, maybe some of our members especially our poster, can find someone who has stock , the listing is alphabetical by city , click the state you are searching in on the map , i hope this is helpful to any who are searching for pellets nationwide here's the link http://www.englanderstoves.com/Dealers/index.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.