M55 blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrogers999

Oct 9, 2011
Billerica Ma
I recently installed a new turbo blower in my M55 cast due to overheating issues. Recently now when I turn my stove on it goes through the startup cycle and when finished the blower doesn't come on. I get a blinking #3. From stuff I read on her blinking #3 can be like 10 different issues. After the startup to fix this I just press the on/off button is starts the cycle
over and the blower turns on with no issue. Anyone run into this problem?

Sounds like with the new blower and the extra cooling it provides. The stove isn't getting hot enought to trip the POF switch. If you have the adjustable auger cover? Open it up a little to let some more pellets in. By hitting the on of and the stove is already warm, It will get slightly hotter 2nd time around. Pretty sure thats whats going on.

That's what I was thinking. I'm gonna try that.

Sounds feasible. But, the blower shouldn't start immediately which gives the stove time to heat up. Is your blower coming on right after you press the power switch? My blower starts at a reduced ouput, then a few minutes later goes to whatever I have it set for.

When the fan turns on it does that few minutes on that low speed and goes full on.

Status
Not open for further replies.