M55 Cast Thermometer install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCR

Nov 4, 2012
Ok now that I got stove running I see the benefit of installing a thermometer.Run in manual mode in heat level 2 and 3 so far and this is heating my house beautifully.

one night I had on 2 and it got colder and we got down to 68 in the house yikes !!! LOL

one night I had on 3 and wasnt so cold and it got hot. Florida hot

Will install a wired LUX as the price is too steep for Skytech ( and I am cheap)

So I know I will be putting stove in hi low mode instead of manual.

Question is how will the heat level be set at the stove? The thermometer wont adjust the heat levels 1 through 5 will it ? Or will a selected heat level be established as a default ?

you'd be coorect, you will set the default on the control board.

On a normal winter day I keep the stove set to Heat Level 3.
When the thermostat calls for heat it ramps the stove up to Level 3 and stays till satisfied.
Then ramps down to level 1 until called again.

When it is really cold/windy I bump the stove to heat level 4.

All of this is with the stove in Hi/Low mode.

I have the Wired Lux thermostat in the room (Kitchen) next to my stove (Living Room)
This lets the stove heat the house evenly.
I use a floor level muffin fan blowing return (colder) air back at the stove to stir the house air.

Works well for me.
Good Luck,
---Nailer----

Status
Not open for further replies.