M55 Tstat operation - did I switch the wires????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds crazy but for quick piece of mind try changing out the Stove Control Board thermostat wire(s).

Directly at the Stove control board install a short section of 18 gauge braided wire (speaker wire will work) across the two thermostat connections on the board.
Then try to run it on high/low mode Heat level 4.
This does the same thing you did with the 2 foot wire shorted together but changes out the actual wire.
Wire can break/open or connections need to be re-seated.

If that still fails then I think it is time to get dealer/Enviro involved.

---Nailer---

I actually did that Nailer. I didn't realize the wire that was there was a connector to make an easy connection to the outside of the stove so I disconnected that and ran my thermostat wire inside the stove and connected directly to the terminal on the stove control board. I called my dealer, told him the issue and am waiting for his call back. Hopefully he'll get some info/help from his tech or the Enviro distributor because he didn't sound very confident that he knew what to do.

I appreciate all the patience and help that is given by everyone on this board!

For the heck of it put the jumper in like nailer said. Or put the original wires back on and connect them like factory.

Your new wire connection may have a bad contact in the terminal. Make sure you strip the insulation on the wire enough on your stat wires. I have seen many where they actually had the insulation in the terminal and there wasn't a good connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.