m55 turns it self down automatically

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfouch48

Jan 18, 2012
Central NY
I'm on my second year with my m55 and am loving it. Typically at night (depending on the weather) we set the heat to 3/5 and it keeps the house pretty comfortable. A few weeks ago I got up in the morning to throw a bag in and noticed it was much cooler downstairs than normal. When i checked out the stove the heat was set to 1/5. I figured I must have hit the wrong button before bed and turned it down instead of up. The same thing happend again the other night. There is no indication of an error so I am boggled. Is there something that could cause this? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JP

Power flicker will drop the heat to 1/5.

When I came home today. Clock was flashing in the kitchen. House is chilly and the wife has the evil look! Headed for the stove cause its gonna be on 1/5. Cranked the stove to 4/5 so the house warms quick and I can stay inside tonight.

I'm looking into a cyberpower unit cus all it takes is a quick little dip and they will go to the default Heat level and trim levels , First power on settings. Same as when you unplug the stove.

j-takeman said:

When I came home today. Clock was flashing in the kitchen. House is chilly and the wife has the evil look! Headed for the stove cause its gonna be on 1/5. Cranked the stove to 4/5 so the house warms quick and I can stay inside tonight.

I'm looking into a cyberpower unit cus all it takes is a quick little dip and they will go to the default Heat level and trim levels , First power on settings. Same as when you unplug the stove.

J..You may or may not know the answer, But I will ask. I have a whole house generator, So from what you say above, I assume my stove should continue running, but will set itself back to 1/5, Or will the lag time between the power going off and the generator starting be to long to keep the stove on at all?? I guess I will turn the power off this weekend and see what happens, but any thoughts from you are always welcome!

Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:

J..You may or may not know the answer, But I will ask. I have a whole house generator, So from what you say above, I assume my stove should continue running, but will set itself back to 1/5, Or will the lag time between the power going off and the generator starting be to long to keep the stove on at all?? I guess I will turn the power off this weekend and see what happens, but any thoughts from you are always welcome!

All it takes is a little blip and it will go to default. Only way to work around it is with a UPS or battery backup system AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.