made a fire last night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I've actually did 3 burns in the last week or so. Almost froze here Wednesday night, and was down to 38F this morning and only a high of 50F today ! What the hell happened to summer?

Same here. I've actually did 3 burns in the last week or so. Almost froze here Wednesday night, and was down to 38F this morning and only a high of 50F today ! What the hell happened to summer?

officially starts in 3 weeks.

Me too........It was about 60 in the house as 7:00 pm so I use about 4 or 5 ugly splits of oak and all good!

Yup. We had a fire yesterday.

I heated up another 500 gallons today, hopefully the last one till September !?

I hope you are right Pat.

There's a good chance I'll be firing the stove up tonight in Oregon. A cold front is dropping in, and it's in the upper 60's in the house now at 2:45 PM, and the temp is dropping outside.

The wife has been starting fires at night almost every day for the last month. I will not, since I am the one that c/s/s.

I find it funny about a month or so ago on this forum there was a thread about being done burning for the season.

Just goes to show you never know what old mother nature is going to throw at you. :)

Still burning . . . fire yesterday and this morning.

My stove is going now. It's 46::F outside right now, raining, and a nip in the air, as this storm comes in from the Gulf of Alaska. Snow level behind the front will be down to 3,500 feet, and pass levels in the Cascades the weather man on the news says. I would guess I'll burn the next two or three nights. It's very rare I burn in June. I didn't burn but 4 or 5 fires all of the month of May.

I'm burning a little birch and good size chunk of apricot wood my neighbor gave me, from his summer of 2010 yard prunnings of plum, pear, apricot, birch, pine, red leaf maple, spruce, and arborvitae. Apricot burns pretty good/hot, and the smoke has a unique, but nice fruity sweet fragrance. He's moving, and gave me his fireplace stash, a few wheel barrow's full. I need to cut up the longer pieces with my saw, maybe this weekend, and it's probably another 5 or so wheelbarrow loads. I don't think anything is bigger than 6" diameter, its all small stuff, but hey, its good btu's, free, and feet from my wood shed.

And another fire this morning . . . I really wouldn't mind stopping . . . and am sorely tempted to just turn up the thermostat for a bit . . . but my Yankee frugality keeps me from doing so.

I had one last friday night. Didn't really need it but it was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.