Magic Sparks Pellet info???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmyers

Hearth Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Western Michigan
I was wondering if anyone has any info on these pellets. Magic Sparks hard wood pellets made by Pro Pellets in White Pigeon MI. I am wondering if they burn as well as a soft wood pellet because they are saying the btu's are comparable? Like 8300 btu/lb. I used Uncle Jeds Cold Remedy soft wood pellets last year and loved them they were 8600 btu/lb. I was just curious if anyone here has used Magic Sparks? Any info would be appreciated as I can save about $40 a ton. Thanks.

Tonya

I would try a few bag's before I jumped in with both feet. If they seem good I still would get at least half of the needed quantity of the hotter pellet. Hard to beat the extra BTU's when your struggling to keep the house warm on the coldest of days.

There is a theory that I have been going buy(tough to follow when you tight on cash). But it takes X amount of BTU's to heat the house. You will use less of the hotter pellets overall compared to the lesser BTU pellets.

Say the BTU value is 600,000 BTU's per day. You would need 69.77 LBS. of the uncle jeds and 72.30 LBS. of Magic Sparks. So overall you are going to need more magic sparks pellets to heat the house for the season.

Just my 2
jay

The company that makes them is actually FiberBy Products. the pellets are bagged under the Magic Spark and Pro-Pellet names, and also Pot-O-Gold private label....they are all the same pellet, and Eric at Kinsman Stoves in Ohio swears by them.....that's all he sells.

IMO, if Eric recommends them, that would be good enough for me.

I can only speak about the Pot-O-Gold pellets manufactured by Fiber-By Products, purchased a tuckload (22 ton) this year, AWESOME PELLETS. I did purchase a ton to test prior to getting the truckload.

Status
Not open for further replies.