Maintenance Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie the dog

Nov 12, 2014
Maine
I have an Enviro M55 free standing pellet stove. There is a metal shelve between the heat exchanges and the firebox. There is a lot of ash sitting on top of this shelve that I cannot clean out. I have not found a way to remove the shelve. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Charlie

That would be the fire box baffle The manual says it
should just lift out as in other Envro stoves

I have the manuals and cannot find how to lift it out. Try as I might. Can you direct me to the manual that instructs how to lift it out? Or tell me.

Thanks,
Charlie

If you are referring to the firebox baffle (part 45 in the diagram in tech manual) at the top of the firebox (it covers the heat exchange tubes), then you push up the far end, by the cast iron back panel, pull the top of the cast iron panel forward, then remove the firebox baffe through the door. The rear edge of the baffle has two holes, each of which fits upward over a pin. The cast iron rear panel pushes back, and when you lower the baffle, the top edge of the cast iron panel and the rear edge of the baffle "lock" together.

Welcome to the forum ... let us know how you make out! Hope you have all your safety gear ... surge protector on the stove, smoke detectors and CO monitor, fire extinguisher in the stove room away from the stove. We love pics of people's installs ...

ohbix described it correctly as it is the same on my Hampton GC60 but make sure you pay attention to the way it sits and where. when i replaced mine I thought it sat on the lip between just under the baffles but it actually sits under the lip and the holes line up with the dimple. I screwed it up and and after about 30 minutes back to gether and the stove running they fell apart. No damage to the stove thank goodness. Check our the Enviro videos as they show this removal. http://enviro.com/media/videos/

Status
Not open for further replies.