Majestic blower WFKB-36 replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4180atl

Jan 27, 2010
Atlanta
Hi,

My fireplace fan sounded like a '78 AMC, so I pulled it out thinking I could easily track down the replacement. It was a Majestic WFKA-36. It's now been two months. Even google searches showed almost nothing for that part number. Majestic told me it was replaced in the 90s by the WFKB-36, which has since been discontinued. They had no after-market recommendations. WFKB-36 has produced some google returns, but mostly chumps like me seeking a replacement. No public answers were provided to any of these seekers.

So, I'm hoping the experience in these virtual walls can resolve the quest for an appropriate replacement blower for the Majestic WFKB-36 or WFKA-36?

Before scrapping it, try cleaning it up, especially the fan blades and getting some oil on the the shaft and motor bearings to see if it responds to lubrication.

If that fails, can you post a couple pictures of it? Include a tape measure in on shot to show dimension and include a clear shot or description of the motor manufacturer's info on make and model.

Attached are pics of the blower.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,389
I have the same fireplace/blower...
I don't know how to use it!
I bought the house with the fireplace already in place. no instructions. and I have never had a fireplace in my home before. ever.
I have not had any luck finding any.
I did a google search for the model number and this page came up.
I'm sorry you are having trouble tracking down some new parts. That's not comforting if something should happen to mine.
But I was wondering if you would mind lending some of your knowledge.
I can turn it on.
but I don't know what the slider on the front/center/outside does.
What does the round knob below the slider do?
I really want to make the most of this really nice feature, but I feel a little stuck.
Thanks!

"include a clear shot or description of the motor manufacturer’s info on make and model. "

OK, took me a while to get a good photo. Still can't seem to find a motor known to properly replace this.

Attachments

• old motor2.jpg
    old motor2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,125
I have the same one. The blower is fine (a bit squeaky at times) but I really would love to find some parts to replace the ugly brass frame and doors. Anyone had any luck updating this fp?

I'd give you mine if I didn't install a insert in it's place. If that's a zero clearance fireplace that fan goes to I would recommend buy a insert and for-get-about-it. The money you spend will be well worth the heat and wood savings. I wasted 10 years with one of them never got any heat... all went up the chimney. Plus you can get the tax credit this year.

4180atl said:
Hi,

My fireplace fan sounded like a '78 AMC, so I pulled it out thinking I could easily track down the replacement. It was a Majestic WFKA-36. It's now been two months. Even google searches showed almost nothing for that part number. Majestic told me it was replaced in the 90s by the WFKB-36, which has since been discontinued. They had no after-market recommendations. WFKB-36 has produced some google returns, but mostly chumps like me seeking a replacement. No public answers were provided to any of these seekers.

So, I'm hoping the experience in these virtual walls can resolve the quest for an appropriate replacement blower for the Majestic WFKB-36 or WFKA-36?

I think your fan replacement is on the web site northineexpress.com under fans. good luck.

Looks like a double transflow blower. Is there any labeling on the motor? The model number on the housing is for the fireplace, not the motor.

Here's a link to a universal motor/fan assembly that might work. You'll have to compare the measurements. It at the bottom of this page:

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace/R7-RB96D.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.