make sure you click once on the political ban-ner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Why should hearth.com not get a piece of the billions being spent?
:cool:
But only click once.......and only if you really want to see what that candidate has to say

Screen shot 2012-03-23 at 11.48.39 AM.png

I don't get those ads. Just stove related stuff.

Yup. I guess I have a pretty narrow internet history.

When I see that I just pick up the monitor like an Etch-A-Sketch and shake it and get a whole new ad. ;)

well -- full disclosur --I had to click Craigs link to get it

Also - it took about 4 times for.
me to correct the spelling of this post - I am in Milwaukee Wi. What can i ca\\say

Reactions: pen
I keep getting the "single asian women want to meet you now!"WTF:mad:

That's because you must be scanning eharmony or ashley madison beforehand....
"Life is Short - Have an Affair" and all that stuff......

I'll have to give that a try - do some funny searching on goog and then come back here and see what displays.

That's because you must be scanning eharmony or ashley madison beforehand....
"Life is Short - Have an Affair" and all that stuff......

I'll have to give that a try - do some funny searching on goog and then come back here and see what displays.
No...no...no! Was notmad0025.gif

No love for America's dairyland???

;lol
too much love. I love good beer and if you can't find it in milwaukee you ain't looking. (see its still early and my spelling is still good);lol

Reactions: smoke show
Hey, me too,lol

Google has a profile on me and knows what I search for and where I browse so AdSense generally shows me relevant ads. For a while it seemed that google was confused about my gender and started showing me feminine products. I tried cleaning out all cookies and was running out of ideas as to the gender confusion when my wife started modelling some new clothes she just bought. Low and behold, the banner ad was for womens clothing at the time and the light came on.

My wife had been borrowing my laptop rather than power her's up. Of course, I was logged on so google saw it as me browsing for womens stuff.

Recently my wife was in need of new tires for her car so I was checking out a few and now I'm seeing tire ads. No sanitorium ads though.

The ads can also be triggered by words on the page and on one forum we would try to seed the ads by using certain words in our posts.

The first week Craig had the ads up we keep getting one for a feminine hygiene product. :rolleyes:

You pop-up blocker is blocking them.

Popup blockers don't affect banner ads. I don't see any either, intentionally though with an ad blocking plugin.

If he is using adblock+ it gets both of'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.