manifold rope gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lbteixe

Sep 6, 2009
Eastern MA
I need to change my exhaust booster / blower motor. To remove it, it seems like I have to remove my manifold. Do I need to replace the rope gasket or can I use a high heat gasket in a tube like used on automotive engines?

Can you tell us what make and model stove you have?

Have one of those as the shop heater. Nice little stove.

I would suggest using rope with a liitle silicone to hold it in place while putting it back together.

rap69ri I'm assuming that you mean rope gasket and not just rope. I know that parts for this stove aren't easy to find. Can I just buy some bulk rope gasket, or does it have to be preformed and have you ever worked on these stoves?

Any help would be appreciated

lbteixe said:
rap69ri I'm assuming that you mean rope gasket and not just rope. I know that parts for this stove aren't easy to find. Can I just buy some bulk rope gasket, or does it have to be preformed and have you ever worked on these stoves?

Any help would be appreciated

When I replaced mine a couple of seasons ago I bought the gasket from Lowe's or HD and cut it to fit. I used the high temp silicone to keep it from moving while I put it in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.