Manual for my Sierra wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlander06

Hearth Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Rochester, n.y.
I have a Sierra wood stove 5200 and was woundering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the manual for this stove? It was biult in the 90s. I have searched the net and can not find anything.

I retired the 1985 Sierra T-4500 insert version of that stove last year just after the pic below was taken. Given how few of either stove was made I seriously doubt that you will ever find a manual for the freestander. I have the insert manual around here somewhere but none of the clearance information would apply.

Attachments

• brownie.JPG
    brownie.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,383
BrotherBart, I have been lurking here for quite a while & have read many of your humorous posts about woodburning & woodstoves. The dandy insert you retired a while back leaves me in awe & quite a bit envious. Question here, if you hadn't had the glowing fire box issue from massive internal temps would you still have in in service. I often wondered since I spotted your unit how much heat that baby through out with the fan on or off if the power went off. I currently have the fisher unit & am shopping for an extra large woodburning firepace insert that will provide intense warmth for my northwoods Aframe cabin. I have never had the capability of roasting myself out to the point of walking around in my long underwear.
Now then, I ask "as a stranger traveling from the west in search of that which was lost" what would your reply be..
I'm quite aware of most of the inserts available in todays market, but still like the units that stick out 12+ inches onto the hearth for extreme radiation along with convection

The old hoss kept the place warm many a night with the power out over the years. But it is a fact, that my wife states at least once a week in winter, that the big Englander insert keeps this place warmer than Old Brownie ever did. Blowers on or blowers off.

And yes, if it hadn't of developed the firebox crack it would be burning tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.