1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

many thanks to hearth.com

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by gotboostido, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotboostido

gotboostido Member

Loc:
    south shore, ma
    well heres my story. ive been wanting to put in a pellet stove for a couple of years. first reason is to stop buying oil. and the other reason in i love a wood fire. well on june 2 2008 i got an oil del. @4.75 per gallon. that put me over the edge. lol i orded a englender 25-pdvc. i orded it online from ace. in fear of not being being able to find on around the south shore here in mass. and also bought 2 ton of penningtion pellets at wally world in august. well i just had the stove installed. and i love it. this dam stove had me sitting around in pair of shorts the first day. it reached almost 80deg inside. hehe. i only had it on for 2 hours today and it was a toasty 73 inside today and i keep it on 1-1 settings only i havent had to turn it on tonight. but i should need to get fired up in the morning.. and using oil in the past ive kept the tstat as low as i can stand it. which was @60-62. looking foward to wearing my shorts all winter.lol. ive only posted on here once or twice. but i just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the free info.....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

It is nice to not hear that oil burning monster turn on, but be careful about it never turning on. If you have any pipes that go near basement windows, or any that go through unheated attic, etc, you need to make sure they don't freeze from lack of being heated.

If you DO have any that might freeze, you might consider the thing I just put in my upstairs bedroom zone....Thermguard.

www.bearmountaindesign.com

There is a 10% discount & free shipping for Hearth.com members too
  3. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Keep in mind that you could easily burn 1.5 bags or more per day come the cold months. 2 tons won`t last the winter burning at 24 hrs a day.
  4. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Congrats and welcome to the forum neighbor!
  5. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Cool...another south shore neighbor
    Congrats and enjoy the heat!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.