Market for old, but new (never used) Buck Stove 27000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannyknight

May 24, 2014
Fresno, California
We just inherited the family farm in central Cailfornia. Tucked away in the barn was an early 80s Buck Stove 27000 wrapped in plastic. It still got a little dusty, but I could move it to the showroom with blowing it off with my compressor. It has the glass door kit still in its box, as well as the andirons and brass knobs for the air intake. I'd use the stove myself, but tucked away next to it was a Vermont Castings Vigilant that will fit nicely in the 1903 family's farmhouse we are restoring. My question is what is the market for the Buck. I'm concerned that shipping might be prohibitive, but I know what a good stove this is and it needs a new appreciative home. Any ideas on finding a suitable home to adopt this Beauty?

Did I see this in another thread?? I remember pics.....
I'd say that stove would be great as a secondary stove or maybe a camp stove.
what year is it?

Maybe Buck would buy it for a factory display or a museum piece? It's gotta be a pretty rare find!

Status
Not open for further replies.