Martin Stove and Range Co. Florence Ala.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spud1$

Nov 17, 2018
Florida
I bought a little wood stove made by Martin Stove and Range. The legs all move on their bolts. They can be moved in or out, in being straight up and down and out being more splayed. Is it possible that they are intended to do this? They all are exactly the same and at first I thought they were just rusty and needed new bolts. Today someone suggested that at the period when these stoves were built many homes were not level and this leg movement allowed the stove to be level even if the floor was not. I am new to this forum and I thank you for any help.

I bought a little wood stove made by Martin Stove and Range. The legs all move on their bolts. They can be moved in or out, in being straight up and down and out being more splayed. Is it possible that they are intended to do this? They all are exactly the same and at first I thought they were just rusty and needed new bolts. Today someone suggested that at the period when these stoves were built many homes were not level and this leg movement allowed the stove to be level even if the floor was not. I am new to this forum and I thank you for any help.
I have no idea but it is certainly possible.