Match Box Cars and Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
Well Ive been out working in the cool damp weather and I came home and the house was damp as the well. So I fired the insert up.and after and hour or so I started smelling plastic. Well the hole house smells of plastic so now I have to open up the window just to get the smell out and the cat wont die.DAM KIDDS HAHA :lol:

Attachments

• insert 009.jpg
    insert 009.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 440
  • insert 010.jpg
    insert 010.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 458
Hey I aways thought that match box cars were made of metal. At least I remember them that way. I guess I was wrong. Maybe its the kids way of telling you they dont like the cat.

A friend of mine has kids and years ago she took her VCR into be repaired, only to find out one of them had put a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich in it.

yes they still are metal, but the wheels are plastic.

The only thing left on the car is the shell.thats made of metaland the insides like the motor,tires and seats are gone.Well the cat didnt die and the smell is gone.

karl said:
A friend of mine has kids and years ago she took her VCR into be repaired, only to find out one of them had put a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich in it.

We couldn't find our remote control for the TV for months. Finally found it inside the VCR.

Scrounger said:
karl said:

We couldn't find our remote control for the TV for months. Finally found it inside the VCR.

I house would have been torn to the studs to find the remote within 20 minutes.

Holy firebox blast Batman, the Batmobile is now a blobmobile ;)

The post has been here for two days and no one has made a bad joke about a "match box" car in an insert? Where's Rick?

Maybe your kid misunderstood the meaning of the name "match box" and wanted to help start the fire...

My grand kids were over one day and I caught one of them dropping a small plastic toy inside my Bose, sub wolfer. Every time they came over I warned them about ever doing something like that again and sure enough I caught one trying to drop a toy in the Bose again. I always tell my wife when the gk are coming we have to mouse proof the house.

It could be worse.
The cat could have eaten the match book car instead.
And you could be attempting to recover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.