Melted plastic on Stove Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpl1nh

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Newfields NH
My wife wanted to warm her feet this morning so she put her foot up against the glass of our stove and left a melted footprint from the bottom of her sock on the glass. :red: She was really embarrased, actually kind of cute in a convaluted kind of way. I'm letting the stove go out and then hope to remove it with a razor blade and fine steel wool. Anyone have better suggestions?

Nope, I think your stuck with her ;~)

"...kind of cute..." Agreed.

Don't use any abrasive , steel or nylon, on the ceramic "glass"..it will scratch. When the stove is cool, place ice cubes on the "plastic" to harden it, then carefully use a steel razor blade window scraper to gently remove the poly.

Too bad her socks weren't glass slippers. ( Had to, sorry)

I had the same thing happen to me on day one with my stove. Let the stove burn good and hot for a bit and then let it cool off completely and the stuff will flake off with your fingernail.

Status
Not open for further replies.