Memorial Day Wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided to go back in the woods and cut up some downed hard maple and cherry. The cherry is good and the hard maple would have been bad in another year if I left it.

Picture 100_0839 is the downed hard maple, in picture 100_0843 you can tell the further you got away from the trunk the better the wood got, 100_0845 is after I cut the maple, 100_0846 is part of a cherry and 100_0850 is what I could fit in the wagon coming out of the woods.

I still have at least two more loads from today that has to come out.

Zap

Love your set up for wood gathering and hauling. Reminds me of Quads pics. Looks like a perfect day to me. :)

Hey, do you find any Morels up thata way?

andybaker said:
Love your set up for wood gathering and hauling. Reminds me of Quads pics. Looks like a perfect day to me. :)

Hey, do you find any Morels up thata way?

It was nice early then it got muggy, never looked for any Morels.

zap

I hope it was cooler/drier in the north country than it was here yesterday.

SolarAndWood said:
I hope it was cooler/drier in the north country than it was here yesterday.

It was dry but muggy, I was out of the woods by noon.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.