Menards Class A chimney pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SD Golden

Aug 1, 2018
South Dakota
Has anyone used or have a recommendation on using class A double wall insulated pipe from Menards for my chimney? The dealer I have been looking at purchasing my blaze king from quoted me almost 3 grand just for parts for the stove pipe and chimney, which would put the whole project way out of budget to do. Pricing it through Menards it looks like o can do it for about half of that, but want to make sure it's all done right and will not have safety issues.

That pipe is fine. I don’t like their double wall connector pipe though, it’s junk. Safe enough, just hard to use and doesn’t look good.

I am no pro but I have used the Menards pipe and so have my friends. It's probably the cheapest class A available in our area. My advice would be - make sure it's not dented at the store, a common issue, and use clear silicone on the exterior pipe seams. Not sure the silicone is required but gives piece of mind as these are not welded at the factory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yup, have used their Supervent pipe for 2 chimneys myself...works fine. The last one I did 2 years ago the pipe did not have the external seam...the first one did (does)
Depending on your chimney you should be able to do it for less than $1500 with the 11% sale...they usually do a sale WITH 11% on top of that sometime in October too...haven't seen that yet.
I had about $5-600 in the ones I built. 1 was out the basement wall and up, 1 was straight up through the roof of a ranch style.

Thanks for the replies, I had finally gotten to a point to order the stove but didn't want to have to scrap the whole thing over the chimney coming in at double what was anticipated. I believe they have an 11% sale this week.