Opinions on Supervent from Menards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

timfromohio

Minister of Fire
Aug 20, 2007
Hey folks - I'm going to install a stove in my workshop building and looking for opinions on Supervent chimney/stove pipe from Menards. The stove will be used primarily on weekends during cold weather, so not regular use like our indoor stove. It is quite a bit cheaper than other products (I used Simpson Duravent on the stove in our home) and I wondered how folks like it?

Thanks for any opinions, have a great Thanksgiving.

Tim(fromOhio)

I’ve done 2 supervent installs. One at a previous residence that I used for about 6 years and the one in my current shop. Think I’m on year 3 with that one.
I haven’t had any issues with either install and the price is right, especially if it’s for occasional use. Long term not sure how it will hold up. I guess I’ll find out
IMG_0894.jpegIMG_0897.jpegIMG_0893.jpeg65819303249__899021E5-0189-40BE-813A-AE1FD6AAD927.jpeg

Reactions: begreen
If you go with the Supervent be sure to open every box at the store to check for dents. They are not packaged as good as they should be.

Reactions: T-roy_
Works great. Previous home, 19 years burning all winter. Current home, year five. I have 23' straight up currently plus my black pipe. When I cleaned after three years burning, I got about one cup of very fine black soot

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll make sure to open boxes and check the pieces before bringing home. I appreciate the feedback!

You can also order online for home delivery. Another thumbs up.

You can also order online for home delivery. Another thumbs up.
But then that also turns into a potential shipping damage headache...especially with the aforementioned dented pipe issue (which I've heard people mention a number of times before)

But then that also turns into a potential shipping damage headache...especially with the aforementioned dented pipe issue (which I've heard people mention a number of times before)
Rare issue in my experience. Occasional ding on the end of a connector pipe. Always easily fixed. Never been compelled to return any of it.
Never had a problem with the chimney pipe sections. It could surely happen. Just been lucky here I suppose!
All Supervent is shipped from the Manufacture to the regional Menards stores anyway.
Getting it drop shipped to my doorstep is really no different imo. Dunno!

Thanks guys. There is a Menards about 20 minutes from our house, so I'll just go and check each piece.

I appreciate the replies - think I'll head over there Saturday - not going to leave the house tomorrow!

Everyone have an excellent Thanksgiving!

Reactions: brenndatomu
Post what you find at the store. The 2 near me don’t have much in store stock.

I’ve had good luck with them. 304 ss on the inside and 430 ss on the outside so the outside is magnetic. I’d stay away from the deluxe rain cap (JSC6DRC), it let way too much rain water in. I now use the stainless round chimney cap (JSC6RC) and the chimney is completely dry, even after last summer.

Reactions: cahaak