1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Menards pellet sale..........

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Al in MN, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al in MN

Al in MN New Member

Loc:
    northern MN
    $3.95 a bag they have Indeck Energy hardwood and Marth in the whith bags .how good are there and who has burned them??
    Thanks Al

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dobie daddy

dobie daddy New Member

Loc:
    wisconsin
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

from wut i understand it’s hit and miss wit marth as they buy their raw material anywhere they can get ahold of it.
    varies batch to batch-year to year
    i burned their white bag hardwoods this year and didnt like them.
  4. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Lots of ash with the Marth hardwoods... the softwoods are a bit better but not as good as the Eurekas/Uncle Jed's or Bear Mountains I've used.
  5. Al in MN

Al in MN New Member

Loc:
    northern MN
    Any one burn the Indeck energy made in Ladysmith WI.??
    Have Afton Bay stove
  6. Czech

Czech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yep, just went thru 10 bags. Good heat, but a lot of ash, I'd be surprised if they make the 'premium' grade on the bag. That said, that rating deal is a bunch of BS IMHO. Where in MN Al?
  7. Al in MN

Al in MN New Member

Loc:
    northern MN
    Near Park Rapids 175 miles north west of cities.
  8. ronlat

ronlat New Member

Loc:
    NW Wisconsin
    Burning my first ton of Indeck. Like them alot except for high amount of ash, that being said they do burn long and hot, had to open the air intake more compared to the Lumberjacks I had been burning. My Rating so far.

1) Uncle Jeds (high cost though)
    2) Indeck
    3) LumberJack
    4) Fuel King
    5) Marth

The first two had the best consistency for size and not too many longer ones. My Breckwell is sensitive to the pellet length. The Fuel Kings were not that bad but had high amounts of fines, most likely because of shipping from Iowa to northern WI.
  9. FireintheHole

FireintheHole New Member

Loc:
    U.P. of Michigan
    I burned about a half ton in December of the Indeck pellets and thought they were very good. They kept the glass cleaner than others
    and had good heat. The ash is like the others I've tried. ( I clean the burnpot and the ashpan daily) I have 3/4 ton of these now and will
    burn them at the end of the season. 1/2 ton Eco-Flame and 3/4 ton Wood Fibers Inc. are my other stock. I would buy the Indeck at the
    $3.97 a bag to supplement my supply, ( and will because they are on sale this week).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.