Mendota CPI Mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kimrunning

Dec 24, 2019
WA
Morning. I have a newly installed Mendota M47 linear propane fireplace. The FP has been installer for about 2 months. It is currently in CPI mode (continuous pilot light). Yesterday I noticed the pilot light was out but didn't think anything of it. I hit the power button to turn the FP on and nothing happened so I shut the power off. After about 3 seconds I heard a click and the pilot light came on so I turned the FP on. I thought the pilot light being out was a fluke.

Unfortunately, the same sequence happened this morning so obviously the CPI mode isn't working. I checked the manual and did a google search but this problem is not addressed in either location.

Thanks in advance, Kimrunning

Turn the pilot 2 IPI, then turn it back to CPI, from the remote.
With the remote, press the bottom button on your remote. Toggle the up and down arrows, to select CPI or IPI.