Meridian wood stove blower wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Meridiansaywhat

Mar 1, 2021
Vancouver Wa
We have an early 1980s Meridian wood tile stove and would like to locate a blower for it. Any suggestions?

16146589591987223717485688190373.jpg

There is no blower designed or meant for this stove. It had a special connector pipe that convects heat quite well.
More info here:

There is no blower designed or meant for this stove. It had a special connector pipe that convects heat quite well.
More info here:
I was just offered one of these for free and Im still debating it, as They are heavyyy. But if you check the sell sheet BG it does mention a blower in the text, and also if you look at the diagram in the top right, it says something about when the blower is “on” the air pulls from top to bottom and when the blower is “off” it reveres flow. So I was actually curious about this as well since I havnt taken the drive to go look at this Merdian, Im curious to where the blower would go.

I think according the the diagram thag the blower is basically a part of the flue? Kinda like a magic heat maybe?

It looks like the blower pulls air down, which would place it lower. The picture shows it down in the base. And it is silent, unlike a magic heat, so I am thinking it may be a muffin fan.

Reactions: D. Hermit
The blower you are talking about was located at the bottom of the stove. The original models built in the late seventies used a horizontal shaft drive squirrel fan mounted in a custom built sheet metal box. They were really noisy at any speed capable of pulling air down the dual wall of the flue and stove. Later models were shipped without the fans and relied on natural convection to circulate air.

I just recently found this forum and that people are still talking about Meridian Ceramic Woodstoves.

I lived in the Oroville, California area during the mid 70's and am familiar with the stove's history and manufacturing process.

Local craigslist has one for sale . Beautiful stove and matching hearth.

But you can also see how the blower is set up with the pipe.

54DF68F4-23BB-4748-881B-867E310D1D6D.jpeg