Merry Christmas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmerchant

Hearth Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Cheshire, CT
While splitting 2 year old maple, the delivery man arrived with my 2 ss chimney liners and insulation. Flex King from chimney liner depot. (Wish I got discount for saying that. Actually this is where a previous thread had asked about and after talking to some other knucklehead outfits I went with these guys.)Called wed delivered today. Felt like a little kid Christmas morning :cheese: Funny thing happened when i ordered. After hanging up, I got 2 consecutive calls. One from an older women asking for chimney cleaning and a guy wanting a chimney liner. Some how they were forwarding there calls to me :blank: Called them and it was taken care of.
Cant wait to get the liners installed. You all have been great in steering me to get the right stuff. cant wait to see how well stove's burn with liners after trying to burn using the fire place flues.(outside chimneys no less)
One of the liners I have to ovalize. Anyone do this and now have brilliant hind sight on how they wished they had done it. :-S
One other question that I keep forgetting to ask. Last year I inspected my cat. and cleaned it. The gasket was a bit disintegrated. Was able to somewhat get it pieced back together. Should I get a new one and where.

Ya and happy birthday. What stove are U using so your question on your gasket can be answered. Put it in your signature.

burn it said:
While splitting 2 year old maple, the delivery man arrived with my 2 ss chimney liners and insulation...

Dang, and they say you can't find good help these days. That's one talented guy! :smirk: Rick

The cat stove is a vermont castings dutchwest. To busy reading posts to set up signature. :coolhmm:

Hay! Did someone just make fun of my writing expertise :p

burn it said:
The cat stove is a vermont castings dutchwest. To busy reading posts to set up signature. :coolhmm:

Hay! Did someone just make fun of my writing expertise :p

Nope he was commenting on how great of a delivery driver you have ;-P

Any recommendation's on ovalizing that pipe? :long:

fossil said:
burn it said:
While splitting 2 year old maple, the delivery man arrived with my 2 ss chimney liners and insulation...

Dang, and they say you can't find good help these days. That's one talented guy! :smirk: Rick

So, let's get this straight. He was splitting wood while driving to your house to make a delivery?
Yep, very talented! :cheese:
Dave

Yes, I was also impressed. I wanted to ask him to install the liners but thought that would be asking to much.
To ovalize the liner,I was thinking of using some pvc pipe and rolling it like dough. Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.