1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Metal-Fab Stove/Chimney Pipe - Any Good??? And SS vs. Galvanized...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BurnIt13, Mar 16, 2011.

1. BurnIt13

BurnIt13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    Hello all. I'm minutes away from purchasing my stove/chimney pipe and accessories. I've been looking locally and on the web and the best deal I've found so far is for Metal-Fab's products through ventingpip.com. I'll be purchasing double wall goodies. What is the general opinion of Metal-fab? Good/bad/ugly??? I've got 23 feet of stove pipe and chimney pipe and plenty of doo-dads to install, so price is a concern.

Also, is there any benefit for stainless chimney pipe vs. galvanized other than looks? Will 7 feet of galvanized be noticiblly ugly sticking out the top of the roof? The only reason I'm considering galvanized is because it'll save me about $200.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. southbalto

southbalto Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Mid-Atlantic
    I used metalfab on my 24' run.

Went together easy and looks like it will hold up well. I went all stainless.
    Spend the extra 200 and get the stainless for any portion that's going to be exposed to the elements.
  3. BurnIt13

BurnIt13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    Screw it....I'm going to go with Selkirk's Metalbest line. For no particular reason other than thier amazing reputation. I'd also like to support a sponser here, northlineexpress.com. The price of thier Selkirk parts was only $175 more for an entire system than the Metal-Fab on the other site. I feel it is worth the expense.