Metal-Fab Stove/Chimney Pipe - Any Good??? And SS vs. Galvanized...

BurnIt13 Posted By BurnIt13, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnIt13

BurnIt13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 10, 2010
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Hello all. I'm minutes away from purchasing my stove/chimney pipe and accessories. I've been looking locally and on the web and the best deal I've found so far is for Metal-Fab's products through ventingpip.com. I'll be purchasing double wall goodies. What is the general opinion of Metal-fab? Good/bad/ugly??? I've got 23 feet of stove pipe and chimney pipe and plenty of doo-dads to install, so price is a concern.

Also, is there any benefit for stainless chimney pipe vs. galvanized other than looks? Will 7 feet of galvanized be noticiblly ugly sticking out the top of the roof? The only reason I'm considering galvanized is because it'll save me about $200.

Thanks!

2. southbalto

southbalto
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2008
    Loc:
    Mid-Atlantic
    I used metalfab on my 24' run.

Went together easy and looks like it will hold up well. I went all stainless.
    Spend the extra 200 and get the stainless for any portion that's going to be exposed to the elements.

3. BurnIt13

BurnIt13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 10, 2010
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Screw it....I'm going to go with Selkirk's Metalbest line. For no particular reason other than thier amazing reputation. I'd also like to support a sponser here, northlineexpress.com. The price of thier Selkirk parts was only $175 more for an entire system than the Metal-Fab on the other site. I feel it is worth the expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.