Mid 80's LOPI Wood Insert Top Slide Damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keistey5105

Sep 8, 2012
I'm preparing to install a flexible chimney liner. At the top of the insert is a slide damper that operates over an 8" outlet which works very well. As many will know, connecting an adapter to this style for use with a flexible chimney liner is neither clear nor easily accomplished. The question for the wood insert veterans, can I remove the factory slide damper in an effort to utilize an 8" adapter that will easily drop into the 8" outlet making the connection clean and easy? Obviously I would lose my top damper entirely only leaving me with my two front slide draft dampers for overall fire control. Please help.

why not just put a notch in the adapter. I did it and it works ok, no smoke or ash leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.