Mill Wood......What are your Experiences?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Got a few loads of Mill Wood the other day...Mostly Oak and Walnut. All sorts of different size blocks. Some as big as 12"x8"x 6" and they weighed a ton. Others I felt like I was picking up my kids wooden blocks when they were little. Lots of slat wood for kindling as well. All in all, I'm pleased/ $35 bucks a face cord delivered..Very Tedious though. I'm guessing it will burn great. Thoughts.....

It would be fun to wheel and deal with different sources of wood supply. Maybe you could get a tag a long trailer you could leave with the Mill and they could fill it with scraps for an even better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.