Millivolt Remote for P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cpetku

Dec 24, 2019
Clarkston MI
I didn't find a good match, so I'l post a quick note here.

I installed a Durablow SH3002-RH remote control this past week. It has a relay on it's output so it simply goes in series with the Harman sensor. When turned on, the controller allows setting a temperature using it's sensor. Setting the temp is simply a matter of deciding which sensor has priority and seting the other to a higher value. Think of the secondary sensor (Harman in my case) as a safety limit.

This also integrates with Amazon or Google devices if one wants to turn on/off the stove remotely. One can only get a temperature reading for the room if the DuraBlow device is turned on. The only real issue I had was understanding that if the durablow is set to 40 and the room is 50, the on/off switch simply enables reporting of temperature and does not turn on the stove until the room temp is lower than its setpoint.

My use is in a workshop in my garage. Normally not heated, so it needs time to warm up before I make the trek out there in the winter to use the tools...

Amazon product ASIN B07WHQF18C
A stl file is available for printing a wall holder for it's remote control.

Very exciting. I may need this for my P68. Can you clarify how the connection works with your Harman temperature sensor? Do you attach the Durablow first to the stove, then the Harman temp sensor or somehow attach the durables to the Harman Temp sensor end?

Start with the room temp sensor connected to the back of the P68 using the two spade quick connects.

Unplug one side of the temp sensor

Plug the removed female spade connector onto one of the wires from the Durablow

Plug the other wire from the DuraBlow into the spade connector on the back of the P68.

Pair with the DuraBlow app

Set Durablow temp as desired.
Set P68 temp a little higher (i.e., safety)

Turn the system on with the DuraBlow app, Alexa, the remote control or the button on the controller...

Not quite as fancy as a Nest, but then again, no in depth wiring required...

You can get a Skytech remote thermostat, it will hook up just as your and has a remote you can move where you like to monitor the temp in the room. Mine I have set is a 2° so stove fires up 2° under set temp and goes off 2° above then the stove just continues it's cycle.I run P43 in manual so it just goes back to a small flame.

They are available as a programmable unit also. So you could set it to come on 30 minutes before you go to the shop.