1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

MMMMMM.......more wood! I must have no life.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by fattyfat1, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fattyfat1

fattyfat1 New Member

Loc:
    SW WASHINGTON
    cause this is my idea of fun. last weekends efforts. my woodshed is already full, but if it's free, I can't turn it down. guess I'll start stacking along my fencelines. It's all Alder and Maple.......

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fattyfat1

fattyfat1 New Member

Loc:
    SW WASHINGTON
    here's the load from 2 weeks ago. still haven't put it up yet! free from a friend who is cleaning up the edges of his 1/2 mile long drive. this is only half. still gotta go get the other half. It's all maple.....

Attached Files:

3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Wood is like money and good looks. You can never have too much of either. Somehow, I got screwed out of all three.
  4. btj1031

btj1031 New Member

Loc:
    NH
    I am downright jealous.
  5. sapratt

sapratt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwestern, Oh
    Yep some wood burners have all the luck.
  6. Summertime

Summertime New Member

Loc:
    Western, Ct.
    Too funny!! You sound a lot like me and my obsession with free hardwood, I spent last Sunday in the rain and snow to get 4 truckloads (overloaded) to my house before other people found out about the score..

Too bad you live on the oppisite side of the country or I would ask to borrow your log splitter! LOL..
  7. Brian VT

Brian VT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern VT
    Yup.
    I'm a newbie scrounger and was so proud of myself for filling my Explorer to wheelie mode with Ash
    that a tree company cut in front of where I work. Nothing over 8" diameter, mostly 4-6". What the heck. It'll burn.
    I think the tree guys had a good laugh at me. I was glad they chopped it to 4'-6' long so I didn't
    have to take out my Ryobi 18v and cut with it in front of them. LOL !
  8. Malatesta

Malatesta New Member

Loc:
    Maryland
    I think its like an addiction , i just have to have that wood ! Especialy whe its free ! Iam the same way LOL . I'll post some pics of my recent freebie piles !
  9. fattyfat1

fattyfat1 New Member

Loc:
    SW WASHINGTON
    please do! I'd love to see :)
  10. madrone

madrone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just South of Portland, OR
    A sickness indeed. They're planning to widen a road close by and I'm already salivating at the prospect of the trees they'll remove.
  11. drdoct

drdoct Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Griffin, GA
    I'm addicted too. I find myself feeling protective and paranoid about wood sitting there between time I see it and get back with my saw. I always catch myself and say there's no hurry it'll be there. But a lot of times someone else comes up too so I guess my hording feeling really is justified. I just feel like a prisoner eating my tray of food with an arm around it waiting to stab anyone who looks at it. Silly feeling but necessary most of the time. ps... good score y'all!
  12. awoodman

awoodman Member

Loc:
    K.C. Missouri
    FREE IS GOOD check this Mapel out. I got my 16' trailer loaded up twice and the tree service guy followed me home with a load he placed some big chunks with the cherry-picker. Eat your heart out guys.

[​IMG]
  13. BucksCoBernie

BucksCoBernie New Member

Damn, that will keep you busy!
  14. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    There is a large clearing I pass every day to work, that was once a landing area for wood harvesting and they left huge brush piles there from the delimbing. Afterwards, homeowners and tree service companies started dumping all their wood there as well. The land owner had to get someone with a dozer to push it all back but people just kept dumping more so he put up a chain at the entrance. They still dump there only now it's a lot closer to the road. I've never ever seen anyone salvage any of it, just add to it.
  15. Summertime

Summertime New Member

Loc:
    Western, Ct.
    I have serious wood envy!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.