***Modified***Need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollands2007

Dec 31, 2007
Southern, Maryland
I just received a Grizzly 'wood stove'. Actually, Im not really sure if it is a wood stove or an insert. It was given to us by a friend of a friend. The only thing we know about it is that it has a blower on it and a Catalytic piece as well. It is not free standing, which makes us wonder if it is an actual wood stove or an insert. We have not been able to find anything on line regarding any products from Grizzly. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Okay, so if you do not know about the Grizzly, can you help us figure out why our current wood stove gives off a very smokey smell everytime we open the doors. Even if we open the dampers up all of the way for about a minute before we open the door.

Thank you,
Ron & Ruthie Holland :-S

Sounds like a pre EPA smoke dragon to me. I wouldnt bother with it . might make a good boat anchor. your other stove is lacking draft. What kind is it and how long is you stack?

Welcome. Never heard of Grizzly. Does it have a metal lable plate on the back? You mention that it may be catalytic? If so, are you disengaging the cat when opening the doors? Smoke will find the path of least resistance and it will find an open door faster than the cat honeycomb. More info on your chimney system would also help like, last cleaning, flue diameter, length? Are you using it as a fireplace insert?

Status
Not open for further replies.