Monessen error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerry5k

Nov 2, 2019
fireplacehelp!
I have a 5 year-old Monessen Natural Blaze NB24N8C natural gas vent free setup. It ignites and runs for about 5 minutes, shuts off, then tries to relight itself before shutting down completely. I see a green light blinking every 2 seconds on the command center. This error code indicates a pilot lockout, I believe. I thoroughly cleaned the flame sensor, but that did not help. It ignites fine, but will not run very long before shutting down. It's operated perfectly the last 5 winters and has not been adjusted/damaged. What part is most likely needed to fix this? Thanks.

Closely examine the pilot nozzle. There is a small hole, usually on the back side, maybe 3/32"
in diameter. That is the Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS).
If that gets blocked with dust or pet dander, it will give you trouble,
similar to what you are experiencing. Blow it out with compressed air.
Let us know how it works out.

Success! I'm not 100% sure I actually located the correct location of the ODS, so I gave the entire pilot assembly/igniter a good blast of air and that did the trick. Thanks so much for fast response!

Reactions: DAKSY