1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Moonshiners - Tv show

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by katwillny, Feb 10, 2013.

1. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

Its not the danger, its the taxes. Ever since the Whiskey Rebellion when George Washington was president, the government has been running on tax on booze. It was not until income tax was invented that they could even consider prohibition. The US was founded on booze taxes, and in many places is still run on it (WA state has really high booze tax).

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I know that's why they make it illegal, I should have said the dangers are the only reason they should be able to even try to use. I'd pay the $2-3 a quart tax to make it myself. I could imagine a lot of initial poisonings and explosions if they allowed it.
  3. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I thought the same thing, how could a cable network make a show about "illegal" activity? Far from reality TV or even entertainment IMHO as most crap on TV these days but it has PO'd the VA authorities.
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-moonshiners-doesnt-show-illegal-moonshining/

I do see all kinds of "mason jar whiskey" at the liquor store now though so it's done something for legal distillaries. I'll stick to my single malt scotch, no turpentine for me ;)
  4. willyswagon

willyswagon Burning Hunk

Loc:
    PEI, Canada
    I own a trademark that says otherwise.
  5. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    There is a rock-a-billy band I love and see every time they come around called Southern Culture On The Skids, or SCOTS to their fans. They sing a song called "liquored up and laquered down" about their girlfriend drinking and having big hair. This thread made me think of them. Look them up on you tube - Voodoo Cadillac is another great song.