More bird trouble (photos attached)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raven said:
.............i woulden't say all sparrows . but the europeeeeeeeein sparrow is unprotected for a reason . no different that emerald ash borer.
fair enough, I guess I just usually mean European sparrow when i say sparrow. I remember grandpa said he'd pay me $1 for every sparrow I shot with my BB gun. I asked why he wanted them so bad, he said he was gonna make a sparrow pie. I believed him because he told me the same thing about crows (Which actually do have an open season, which AFIAK is something like anytime school is in session, lol)

Oh, an African Swallow, maybe. But not a European Swallow, that's my point.

Danno77 said:
sparrows are nasty little rats with wings.
Danno77 said:
raven said:
.............i woulden't say all sparrows . but the europeeeeeeeein sparrow is unprotected for a reason . no different that emerald ash borer.
fair enough, I guess I just usually mean European sparrow when i say sparrow. I remember grandpa said he'd pay me $1 for every sparrow I shot with my BB gun. I asked why he wanted them so bad, he said he was gonna make a sparrow pie. I believed him because he told me the same thing about crows (Which actually do have an open season, which AFIAK is something like anytime school is in session, lol)

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Our (US) house sparrows--HOSPs--are invasive european sparrows.

woodjack said:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No arguments there, WJ. That was one tree that this apple can only dream of rivaling in grandeur and size... But as you say, this is proof positive that sometimes we have a little help with our, umm ....tastes and opinions, lets say.

Although I've seen enough sparrow poo running all over pole barns to last me a lifetime, so i think i'd have come to that conclusion on my own.

sidenote: has anyone ever noticed that a little sparrow will chase around a crow? I don't know if it's a territorial thing, or what, but I always get a kick of watching this little baseball sized bird chase around something that seems like an albatross in comparison. They are mean little suckers, I guess, lol.

...... i think its funny to watch a sparrow hound a crow myself

seems like an easy fix ..start a toasty fire ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.