MORE DIYer EKO 60 install pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave T

Mar 28, 2008
Dansville NY
I am no professional but here is my EKO 60 install pics 1 1/2 black pipe near the boiler and that cuts down to 1 1/4 copper then to six 3/4 zones that feed baseboard THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE HERE ON THIS SITE I could have never gotten this done without ya..Special thanks to Chris (on this site, for the outstanding electrical schematics),my dad, Fish, and most of all MY WIFE for being understanding when it got troublesome...Have a look I can say, it heats like crazy all comments welcome..Dave
1, pic shows EKO next to a Mohonning OWB, 2, EKO on pipes comming to the house, 3, EKO at the top if the steps (WILL IT GO?? I ask myself), 4, EKO head clearence, 5, EKO in position and my son enjoying the activities, 6, EKO main piping, 7, EKO side piping more to come soon,

Attachments

• EKO-next-to-OWB.jpg
    EKO-next-to-OWB.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 470
  • EKO-on-pipes.jpg
    EKO-on-pipes.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 479
  • EKO-at-the-top.jpg
    EKO-at-the-top.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 472
  • EKO-goin-in.jpg
    EKO-goin-in.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 467
  • EKO-final-and-chad.jpg
    EKO-final-and-chad.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 488
  • EKO-side-piping.jpg
    EKO-side-piping.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 483
  • EKO-near-piping.jpg
    EKO-near-piping.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 504
MORE OK not saying it is right but it heats ten times better than that OWB pics are my EPDM EKO cover with a goose neck(it goes up the pipe an inch),EKO rear piping running over EPDM,EKO electrical side of things,along the way I had a couple fixes THANKS AGAIN TO THIS SITE I raised the secondary inlet adjustments, and bought a new flange, End result is the sweat roar of gasification..Dave

Attachments

• EKO-EPDM-cover.jpg
    EKO-EPDM-cover.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 481
  • EKO-rear-piping.jpg
    EKO-rear-piping.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 475
  • EKO-electrical.jpg
    EKO-electrical.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 470
  • 2ndary-inlets-fixed-1.jpg
    2ndary-inlets-fixed-1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 483
  • EKO-flanges-2.jpg
    EKO-flanges-2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 455
  • gasification-1.jpg
    gasification-1.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 477
  • gasification-3.jpg
    gasification-3.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 455
Looks great - God bless you for getting that thing in the basement. My 40 weighs more than my truck, but it has wheels. Bet you don't want to do that again!

Thanks I'll get up some more for the hell of it.. 1 shows EKO hanging over stair case, 2 shows EKO from the heavens, 3 shows how I got the EKO down with the least amount of elevation possible for clearence, 4 shows lots of stuff, 5 is plywood base EPDM will overlay, 6 is EKO rear before any plywood or EPDM, and 7 shows my boiler did not outweigh the truck THANKS DAD, boiler 1808#. I have various other pics I won't bore you with ..Dave

Attachments

• EKO-overhanging-stairs.jpg
    EKO-overhanging-stairs.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 446
  • EKO-from-the-heavens.jpg
    EKO-from-the-heavens.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 442
  • EKO-on-dog-tin.jpg
    EKO-on-dog-tin.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 452
  • EKO-on-dog-tin-almost-in-th.jpg
    EKO-on-dog-tin-almost-in-th.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 449
  • EKO-rear-piping-plywood.jpg
    EKO-rear-piping-plywood.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 443
  • EKO-rear-before-EPDM.jpg
    EKO-rear-before-EPDM.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 438
  • pic-4-dodge-boys.jpg
    pic-4-dodge-boys.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 442
Great documentation, thanks for sharing. After running it a while, let us know how you are getting along with operation of the new boiler. Are you using storage with this boiler? What type of heat exchange are you using, radiator, floor radiant?

Thanks.

I would like storage with the system, but this years budget will not allow it..I have 3/4" copper baseboard for radiators, I kinda like documentation of stuff done around the house and if it can help others it is well worth the time for the pics,Thanks..Dave

Dave,
great photos, glad it all came together
Chris

Chris it went off without a hitch THANK YOU, GREGO you asked for it..1 Tarm in original location, 2 Tarm commin off the slab, 3 Tarm on pipes, 4 Tarm at the corner in the basement, 5 Tarm on same corner from a distance, 6 Tarm at the foot of the stairs, 7 shows the Tarm, up up and away..All the boiler moving on this switch was done the same way with pipes,lumber,comealong,anything else we could get our hands on,my dads truck,and old fashioned elbow greese..Grego did you have any luck with that old Tarm, get its leak fixed??

Attachments

• tarm-on-slab.jpg
    tarm-on-slab.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 309
  • tarm-comming-off-slab.jpg
    tarm-comming-off-slab.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 299
  • tarm-on-pipes-1.jpg
    tarm-on-pipes-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 310
  • tarm-at-corner.jpg
    tarm-at-corner.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 308
  • tarm-on-corner-from-a-dista.jpg
    tarm-on-corner-from-a-dista.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 301
  • tarm-at-the-bottom-with-dog.jpg
    tarm-at-the-bottom-with-dog.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 299
  • tarm-goin-up-1.jpg
    tarm-goin-up-1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 297
Other house projects on the place (1857) so haven't fixed it yet. Sealed it up and put 25 lbs of air to it and checked with soap bubbles. The only leaks were at the 1 1/4 inlet and outlet where the 4 bolt flanges are welded to the steel. I am fairly confident that grinding and welding will do it fine. Actually I now want a smaller boiler for a new arrangement that I have cooked up. I still owe you some Blues that I didn't bring last time 'cause it was 8:00 in the morning which somehow seemed too early even for reptobates. Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.