More Morso 3610 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
Been running it for about a week now so its fairly broken in now. Got some follow up questions now.

- Stovetop temperature (bought a magnetic gauge) just in front of the flue collar shows it running about 250-350 degrees F. Seems a touch on to cool side to me, but its been years since I had a stove and the house seems comfortable. I remember my mother's ols Defiant seemed to run happily around 600-700 degrees much of the time, but that thing had a firebox about twice the size of my 3610, a big stove in its own right. What do you guys see as normal temps runnig the stove steadily with either birch or black cherry (what I've got to burn right now)?
- Doors are staying damn dirty. I'm fairly conident my wood is over seasoned by now...its been about 3 years in the wood pile and some of the birch is starting to rot. I did find the screws holding the glass to the doors were all hand adjustable loose. I snugged them up without cranking them down and hope this helps.
- Found that when I shut down the primry air intake I can hear a sucking noise coming from the back. I assumed this to be the secondary air intake, but wanted to check. At the base of the heat shield is a circular hole about 6" across. Inside there I see a sheet metal plate that pivots very easily on a screw on the bottom...when I move it to the left (away from the side door) it reveals what appears to be an air inlet. What troubles me is that it moves really easily. I'm wondering if this is jsut the primary air intake and I'm just not seeing the linkage to the front handle or if this is supposed to be screwed down tight. I figure if the glass door screws can be loose, others can be too. I've pasted two photos below of the plate open and closed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 227
  • open.JPG
    open.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 232
Mayhem< as for the dirty glass,I'd say that a stovetop temp of 250-350 degrees isn't hot enough for an effective airwash over the glass.

That picture is your PRIMARY air opening.
Move it and then go look at your air control lever ;)

I have no clue on stove top but it takes a 400 degree stack temp to get the glass clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.