More On Woodstock's New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure looks like a rear heat shield is built onto the back of that new woodstock. I sure hope they have figured out a way to reduce the rear clearance to match or beat the rest of the modern stove world.

Is there a name yet?

Next time suck that belly in even more! Did you get in any other pictures?

Battenkiller said:
I just got out an envelope and printed "New Woodstock Stove" in bold letters on the front. I put a $20 bill in it and put it on my computer stand. More twenties to follow.

I'm so glad I waited. :)
Sounds like a great idea!
Zulu45 - 27 January 2011 04:02 PM
Glad I waited too! I especially like the revised/curved front glass treatment outlined on their website…and, yes, I like the female portrait/cameo on the front as well. Could be interesting if they replaced her with the mythical “Green man†of the woods?
How about the Man on the Mountain?

Looks like a pretty sharp stove. Makes an old Vigilant burner like myself consider the possibilities......

I am going to attempt to buy a 2nd woodstove for my new basement install in April.

This new stove is on my radar, but I am a little concerned about it being a spanking new design.

Bill

leeave96 said:
I am going to attempt to buy a 2nd woodstove for my new basement install in April.

This new stove is on my radar, but I am a little concerned about it being a spanking new design.

Bill

Me too, you go first Bill. :lol: Actually I'm not that concerned, they could of pushed this new stove through to take advantage of the tax credit but they didn't. Seems to me they are taking their time and want to get it right. Besides, they have that 6 month money back guarantee.

Jags said:
OOoohhh...I'm like'in what I'm see'in. I didn't go to the blog, but does it reference a size?

Strike that - I went to the blog. No info on size, but did you see the masonry heater below it. COOL beans, man.

Early on I think they said the size would be 50% larger than the Fireview, so I am guessing a generous 3 cu ft?

Todd said:
leeave96 said:

Bill

Me too, you go first Bill. :lol: Actually I'm not that concerned, they could of pushed this new stove through to take advantage of the tax credit but they didn't. Seems to me they are taking their time and want to get it right. Besides, they have that 6 month money back guarantee.

I'm thinking Woodstock should offer a special warranty on the new stove for the first buyers - lifetime replacement vs 6 months... :)

Bill

Bill, help the needy, not the greedy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.