More to cut than I will ever need

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tigeroak

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2012
kansas illinois
Had a farmer stop by and asked if I needed wood and said ok so he took me out and said I will be the only one cutting no one else wanted to do it. When I go back to cut I will take picture of the hickory tree it is LARGE. I have cut 6 loads of just limbs with about 2-3 more to go in just limbs. My trailer is just under 4 foot wide but 8 foot long. So I figure With a little rounded I will have 1/3 on each load. Another plus it is only about 5 min. from the house. I had to quit cutting now as they deer hunt there and that was in the agreement not to cut during deer season. This what I have cut in the last 2 weekends, 2 loads of poplar, 1 load of hard maple, 2 loads of hedge and 6 loads of hickory. See pictures, 1-is hedge to finish that rack, 2- is 2 rows of hickory about 10 foot long that is ready to go in a rack[ all full], 3- is the rest of the pile of hickory to the split hedge, 4- is a closer look at the first of the row and 5- is from the other end. There are 2 rows there about 28 feet long.

Attachments

• wood2015-1.JPG
    wood2015-1.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 291
  • wood2015-2.JPG
    wood2015-2.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 308
  • wood2015-3.JPG
    wood2015-3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 297
  • wood2015-4.JPG
    wood2015-4.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 289
  • wood2015-5.JPG
    wood2015-5.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 296
I'm jealous. I have to spend a lot more effort to find my free wood. But FWAS (Free Wood Acquisition Syndrome) is just as bad as all the other derangements we wood heaters suffer. Just today I scored a cord of free wood that I guess will be my three years out supply. Rationalized it as a need to break in my new saw.

Get it cheap and stack it deep!

Reactions: fire_man
It's like when a beaver hears running water, he has to build a dam. When a Firewood addict sees free wood he has to scrounge.

Reactions: planner steve
That's a lot of wood, but "ever" ?

Doesn't get much better than that! That hedge apple burns HOT. I like to use it for my overnight burns because it pops like crazy when you open the stove door.

Status
Not open for further replies.