Morso 1200 Series?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doglover1918

Oct 20, 2011
Peyton, Colorado
Hi All - Newbie here-

Hubby and I just bought a new Morso 2B Standard after extensive local advertising for a used Morso on Craig's List. Now I've received an email from a person saying she has a Morso 1200 series stove, which she says is similar to the current 1400 series. I can find no info on this line. She is asking $500, which I'd be happy to pay if it is the real deal. Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? Thanks very much!

Ask her how old it is, probably an older less efficient stove than the new one you purchased. I think I'd pass.

Thanks for your quick reply, Firegod. The gal sent me some photos, and you're right, it is an older model. Looks kind of like the Jotul people nicknamed "Tiki"

Attachments

• Morso1200_1.jpg
    Morso1200_1.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 1,870
  • Morso1200_2.jpg
    Morso1200_2.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 2,876
That's a Morso 1125. I have the green enameled version. They were a great stove back in the day (like 1980), and they have a huge firebox which makes for a monster stove.
I think the cast iron as scrap metal - itself isn't worth $500, let alone the stove. Stick with your new highly efficient heater...

We decided to go ahead and buy the 1125 for $300. I've seen it written here that one can never have too many stoves. Looking forward to firing both of them up. Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.