Morso

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hearth2hearth

Aug 17, 2008
RI
Does anyone know anything about this wood burning Morso stove, partidularly its value? We lost the manual, so we have nothing to go by. I've search the internet without luck (I've been able to find other manual, but not one for this stove.) When I found this site, I thought someone might know something. It is in excellent condition and I would think is older because it's color is an orange-red. It says MORSO on the top.
Morso_wood_stove.jpg
Morso_wood_stove1.jpg

hearth2hearth
RI

Looks like a cherry Morso 1125, made from 1960-1986. Nice stove.

Ok, that thing is awesome.

I love the castors on it. Wish my 400 pounder came with some castors....

Has this ever been used? If it looks as good on the inside as outside I'd think you could get $400-500 in this market.

Thanks for the quick response. My guess is that it is used infrequently. A friend had given it to the family, but we have never used it. We're supposed to try to sell it at a yard sale tomorrow.....

These pics are blurry, but they are currently the only ones I have of the inside.
openstove.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

I'd put it on craigslist instead of a yard sale unless you're just looking to unload it. It's a beauty.

Thanks for your input. I am thrilled to know the model number, and it is in excellent condition. I think it shall not go into the yard sale after all. :)

Since I have an 1125 and like it quite a bit I have to ask: What are (have) you doing (done) with your stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.