Most unusual stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here are a couple of stoves from a little catalog back in the day when so many were trying to make a go building and selling stoves. Those are some curves in the plate steel that tops the loaf of bread looking stove. Said to be built with 1/4 and 3/8 “ plate.

Most unusual stovesMost unusual stoves

Reactions: all night moe
as long as it doesn't spin...

Also, I'd have removed some of the teeth ... for my own safety.

Hey @webby3650 you wouldn’t happen to be selling that glass stove now are you? I saw someone make a post on reddit talking about it and posted a pic of it with the exact stove and brick surround you have it setup in.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Hey @webby3650 you wouldn’t happen to be selling that glass stove now are you? I saw someone make a post on reddit talking about it and posted a pic of it with the exact stove and brick surround you have it setup in.
Yup. Saw that today too.

An unusually ornate Fuller Warren coal stove. Cue up the Doors.

Most unusual stoves Most unusual stoves

Reactions: all night moe
Thats one cool stove....lots of glass tho..lol....still cool.

I posted it and another stove for sale. I was so overwhelmed with people asking questions about it I pulled it down. I’d rather just keep it. It had almost 10k views. Hard to believe

Reactions: bholler and weee123
Cool! I wonder if they are licensing the Danish Wittus Twin-Fire patents? This stove's firebox looks like it has more capacity.

When I saw the Twin-Fire running at the AGH runoff in DC, I was blown away by the intense radiant heat that blasted out in front of the stove.

The PyroNemo is Czech made and sells for 4181 euros before VAT tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd
That’s really cool. I wonder if those stoves would pass EPA tests. Would be awesome to be able to get them here

Reactions: Todd
When I saw the Twin-Fire running at the AGH runoff in DC, I was blown away by the intense radiant heat that blasted out in front of the stove.
Yes, I remember that as well, but I also remember the short thin pieces of wood they were burning in it. Cool looking stove but you would be feeding it more often than I would like. The BK's spoiled me :)

So i just looked up the twin fire. here it is.

I'm not sure how the "less ash" is justified - unless they compare with incomplete combustion (when there's left over carbon in the ashes).

But such a comparison would not be entirely fair.

I'm not sure how the "less ash" is justified - unless they compare with incomplete combustion (when there's left over carbon in the ashes).

But such a comparison would not be entirely fair.
I think maybe since you are "using 40% less wood" you would be "producing 40% less ash".
Seems very fuzzy math and fuzzy performance claims especially when it's compared to....... What?

Reactions: stoveliker
You would think something that burns at over 2000f would easily pass the EPA standards and there would be some US manufacturers copying this design. Surround it with some good thermal mass and I think it could be a good seller.

Reactions: stoveliker
Yes, I remember that as well, but I also remember the short thin pieces of wood they were burning in it. Cool looking stove but you would be feeding it more often than I would like. The BK's spoiled me :)
Yes, the burn time was like an intense hour or so. The PyroNeo looks like it holds a lot more fuel but I wonder if it is capable of lower burn rates or if it is just hold onto your hat when the afterburner kicks in.

Yes, the burn time was like an intense hour or so. The PyroNeo looks like it holds a lot more fuel but I wonder if it is capable of lower burn rates or if it is just hold onto your hat when the afterburner kicks in.
And i wonder if it could be used as a woodchip burner?