Mountain Stove Guy is back.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say hi to MSG for me. I bought my Quad from him. He's a good guy.

Woohoo! Welcome back Ryan!

Yes!! He saved my backside on a stove problem.

Come on back in MSG.

Webmaster said:
For those long term forum members with memories...

Jeez, I struck out on both counts. %-P Rick

stopped by the booth????
here in mass???????
welcome back MSG!!!

Welcome back!

It would be nice to hear from him again, he gave a lot of great advice.

Haven't seen him post yet, but perhaps soon. I'm embarking on a solar project that I'd love to chat with him about in the green room. Hopefully we're luring him back to the warmth of the hearth forum.

The path is being cleared and lined with roses in anticipation of his esteemed arrival.

Once he's actually here, we'll give 'im a good ribbing! :)

Once he’s actually here, we’ll give ‘im a good ribbing!

and a beer! (or a doobie?)

I just want to hear all of the new adventures of getting in and out of his driveway this winter. :lol:

I'd like to hear about the solar thing too. Driveway stories are always good.

Matt

BrotherBart said:
I just want to hear all of the new adventures of getting in and out of his driveway this winter. :lol:

Thats why he is not in "solar" anymore. He used all the collectors to melt off the snow in his drive.

Welcome back monosodium glutamate!

Well, i was doing some reserach and typed in "members" and look what i found. I never saw this thread. Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Im so glad to be back in the hearth industry. The solar industry was fantastic, just not fantastic with a family. Outside sales it hard as hell with a young family. I did techincal sales for a local company and i specialized in residential, and commercial grid tie systems. I was burnt out from travel, and the buyer for the hearth shop decided to retire. My old company called me up and asked me to come back. I dont think i gave it more then 5 minutes thought. It is so good to be back in the hearth industry, and its great to have seen this fourm grow to what it is today.
Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with all of you!

OHH and my drivway. What a pain that thing still is. I got rid of the Nissan truck and plow, got rid of the volvo, and now drvie beaters that i dont mind smacking trees with on the way down the drive. My 2009 driveway story highlight: I wrecked my suby into my jeep that was parked in front of the garage. Slid a good 100 feet before the bumper stoped me. I only lost a head light.

Back to basics. Snow blower. If the blower wont do it i dont come to work.

If the snow blower doesn't do it nobody else is going to work either.

Matt

MountainStoveGuy said:
OHH and my drivway. What a pain that thing still is. I got rid of the Nissan truck and plow, got rid of the volvo, and now drvie beaters that i dont mind smacking trees with on the way down the drive. My 2009 driveway story highlight: I wrecked my suby into my jeep that was parked in front of the garage. Slid a good 100 feet before the bumper stoped me. I only lost a head light.

Sounds treacherous. Seems like you could use a winch on the house and a long cable. Or a horse :).

MountainStoveGuy said:

One of the reasons I love ya guy (not that way). You are the other guy with the driveway from hell.

he he he. i think i am going to bring in a backhoe this year and start from scratch on my drive. Some how make it longer so its not so steep. We will see. Right now its about a 2' slab of ice and im hiking out of here in the mornings. The road drains down my drive all day, and freezes at night. The ice makes dams so it doenst drain well this time of year. I gots to do somethin.

Gotta get the water away from the driveway. Get some advice on drainage and add a culvert if necessary. Look at changing the pitch of the driveway so that it drains naturally. Often this take a bit more than a regular tractor. More like a big Cat. That can make a big difference if done right.

well, i will see what i can do, what the real problem is, is my road has a dip in it. My drive is exactly at the trough of these two hills on the road. So, all the snow melt in the spring runs down the road, down my drive, and off into my woods. The problem i have had so far with drainage is that my drainage dams and ditches complete snow over and in the spring they might as well not be there. The system works great in the summer, lousy in the winter. I will bring in a pro this year. I am thinking of putting a switchback in my drive and taking the exit up the hill so that water doenst naturally drain down my drive. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.