Move a Cyrus Carpenter Wood Stove circa B4 1900

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naresh

May 21, 2016
Massacusetts
I am looking for someone who can help move an old Cyrus Carpenter & Co wood stove from one location in the house to another.

Write to me at [email protected] or within this forum as the case may be.

Thank you.
IMG_5158.jpg

Welcome to the forum ... good luck with that move as that is a big beast! Gorgeous but big. First request I've seen like that too... Might want to narrow down location to a city though

My guess is that the stove can be broken down into more manageable and movable pieces. Look to see how the top part attaches to the the stove body. I think it will be removable and that will help a lot. For the main stove body remove all removable parts like the lids, stove and oven doors, to lighten up the load. Then get some wheels under it to make it easier to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.