Moving a 1500lb OWB on to a trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micifus

Aug 8, 2008
Upstate NY
If you have no way to lift it on to a trailer what would be the best way to get in on to the trailer? The trailer does not have a gate but is low to the ground.

Ramps and rollers.

Put "skis" under it made of 2x4's then a wench on the front of the trailer. Hook winch low on the unit then pull it up some ramps

Forklift, loader, backhoe, etc.

Some brands actually have lifting rings welded on under the top cover. One brand I installed had a cover in the sheetmetal to get access to the lifting ring.

On my current one I welded a lifting ring to the top.

Most brands are narrow and fairly tippy. Be very careful with ramps, rollers, etc. Once on the floor 1" steel pipe makes nice placement rollers.

Another option may be one of those electric two wheeled hand trucks.

I rented an a roll around engine hoist rated for 2 tons. It lifted my tarm high enough to go into a box trailer. It worked great, was cheap to rent, and came apart in peices to transport.

I moved my uninstalled Tarm around in my basement with pipes, levers and blocks of wood. You could jack it up and block it off as the jack reaches its maximum travel. When it is level with the bed of the travel, get some metal pipes and just roll it on. Mind your toes, though!

If I had a wench, I wouldn't need any heat from the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.