Moving west....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Anyone in or near Methow, WA area, PM me., Looking for land, home, new friends etc.

I'm jealous. We are big Lake Chelan fans which is just south a couple of miles. Love that area. It does, of course, catch on fire every so often like last year.

Though Methow is near the larger towns of Chelan, Entiat, and even Wenatchee, Methow is only a town of like 20 homes. Are you looking at the Methow region or actual Methow?

I'm jealous. We are big Lake Chelan fans which is just south a couple of miles. Love that area. It does, of course, catch on fire every so often like last year.

Though Methow is near the larger towns of Chelan, Entiat, and even Wenatchee, Methow is only a town of like 20 homes. Are you looking at the Methow region or actual Methow?
Unfortunately, they took fire last two years in a row. That is a concern, but not enough for me not to want to move there. I actually am looking in Methow itself & surround area, Twisp is about as far up as I really want to go, Brewster or sightly farther the farthest the other way. Concentrating more in Methow, outside Pateros, Carlton, even Outside of Chelan area, although that starts to get out of my price range. Wish I could get a spot on the Methow river, or Columbia, but I would pay as much for 1/2 to 1 acre as I can get 20+ acres for up in the hills. So yeah, Methow region, with hopes in the outskirts of Pateros or in Methow.

I am and independent insurance adjuster handling tractor, trailer & heavy equipment claims. It would be somewhat virgin territory as the closest adjusters I know are in Spokane, Seattle & Vancouver. I know the guy in Spokane very well, and he is in his early 80's and picking an choosing his jobs. He has non problem with me working his territory. I would also most likely get my Oregon, Idaho and maybe Montana licenses and run those bordering areas also. The work is about 60% less workload than here, but the distance is much greater, so I am thinking I can do 6-8 jobs a month and that may equal 10-12 here in billings, due to the longer travel time & mileage. Would also be easier handling less claims per month rather than juggling more in same time frame.
I really want this. I really do like it out there, the people, the pace, the view, and of course there is a certain lady I want to be with, if we can make that happen. Otherwise I may expand my thoughts to Idaho, Oregon or Montana. I really do like Montana also, my favorite view, other than a certain lady I simply adore. Someone told me you only get this one go around, be happy. That is what I plan to do, one way or another. I'll find some work, one way or another. If I can do my job out there, so be it, if not, I don't care what I do, I'll find something or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: fespo
Unfortunately, they took fire last two years in a row. That is a concern, but not enough for me not to want to move there. I actually am looking in Methow itself & surround area, Twisp is about as far up as I really want to go, Brewster or sightly farther the farthest the other way. Concentrating more in Methow, outside Pateros, Carlton, even Outside of Chelan area, although that starts to get out of my price range. Wish I could get a spot on the Methow river, or Columbia, but I would pay as much for 1/2 to 1 acre as I can get 20+ acres for up in the hills. So yeah, Methow region, with hopes in the outskirts of Pateros or in Methow.

I am and independent insurance adjuster handling tractor, trailer & heavy equipment claims. It would be somewhat virgin territory as the closest adjusters I know are in Spokane, Seattle & Vancouver. I know the guy in Spokane very well, and he is in his early 80's and picking an choosing his jobs. He has non problem with me working his territory. I would also most likely get my Oregon, Idaho and maybe Montana licenses and run those bordering areas also. The work is about 60% less workload than here, but the distance is much greater, so I am thinking I can do 6-8 jobs a month and that may equal 10-12 here in billings, due to the longer travel time & mileage. Would also be easier handling less claims per month rather than juggling more in same time frame.
I really want this. I really do like it out there, the people, the pace, the view, and of course there is a certain lady I want to be with, if we can make that happen. Otherwise I may expand my thoughts to Idaho, Oregon or Montana. I really do like Montana also, my favorite view, other than a certain lady I simply adore. Someone told me you only get this one go around, be happy. That is what I plan to do, one way or another. I'll find some work, one way or another. If I can do my job out there, so be it, if not, I don't care what I do, I'll find something or two.

We made a special trip to Chelan in September last year to spend time and money there in support of the locals who lost out on a large part of their tourism season due to the fires. The pace of things was much different off season and we got to some out of the way places where the locals frequent. Good people there. My phone tracks weather in Chelan, it's always on our minds. The hurdle of course is making money or we may just live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.