MSRP of the new Jotul Winterport insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

par38lamp

Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis, Missouri (MO)
I visited a Jotul dealer, looking for the 350 Winterport insert they just came out with. The dealer didn't even know it existed! Obviously they didn't have pricing, either.

They were asking $2400 for the 450 Kennebec, which the salesperson said was MSRP. Anyone know the MSRP of the new 350 Winterport?

Thanks!

Winterport MSRP is $1799 includes blower but then you have to pay a little over $200 for the surround. Jotul is having a 10% off sale through the end of February. If your dealer is in good standing with Jotul, couldn't see why he can't call them for pricing & order.

Sorry for not searching again. I promise I searched the last time I went looking for info on the Winterport, and the only post at that time was the 1st one that talks about it's weight.

Thanks for not flaming me. Hmm... time to find more insert budget money...

philaphire said:
Winterport MSRP is $1799 includes blower but then you have to pay a little over $200 for the surround. Jotul is having a 10% off sale through the end of February. If your dealer is in good standing with Jotul, couldn't see why he can't call them for pricing & order.

where did you see the 10% discount notice? I went to the Jotul site and there was nothing mentioned....did I miss it? Thanks.

Hi Castiron,

call your closest dealer. I see the ad in the newspaper all the time for 10% off.

Carpniels

I think in a month or two we will see a lot of sales for new and used and decent pricing. A while back some one posted LEhmans in NJ was selling their stoves 20% off Including Vc stoves

I saw the Jotul sale ad right on our very Hearth Forum site. There is also an ad on the Jotul site - www.jotul.us.

Hey, when I first posted the search it worked. Now it doesn't :( I had typed in Winterport as the search term. Sorry.

Oh carpniels, would love to see a picture of your Isle Royale stove in action. It's a very nice looking stove.

The sale was actually on before Jotul put it on the website - not sure when it started but I remember looking through the website seeing nothing then calling the dealer and discovering that it was on sale. Seems like a typical thing for Jotul to give 10% at the beginning and end of the season. I remember they had a 10% sale back in Sep-Oct. All that to say, always ask for discounts at the dealer even if you don't see it in print!

Really nice looking insert, punched up two dealers in St. Louie from jotul site

Arnold Stove & Fireplace
15.6 miles
1616 Big Bill RD
Arnold, MO 63010
Phone: 636-282-0300

All Seasons
21.1 miles
120 S. Main St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Phone: 618-659-0717

Noticed the output is 40k, if you like the Jotal insert maybe consider the Hampton, output is higher for one, http://www.hampton-fire.com/Wood/Inserts/index.php

sgc said:
Really nice looking insert, punched up two dealers in St. Louie from jotul site

Arnold Stove & Fireplace
15.6 miles
1616 Big Bill RD
Arnold, MO 63010
Phone: 636-282-0300

All Seasons
21.1 miles
120 S. Main St.
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Phone: 618-659-0717

Noticed the output is 40k, if you like the Jotal insert maybe consider the Hampton, output is higher for one, http://www.hampton-fire.com/Wood/Inserts/index.php

yes..the smaller one is about 40,000 and the 450 insert is 55,000 BTU

philaphire said:
The sale was actually on before Jotul put it on the website - not sure when it started but I remember looking through the website seeing nothing then calling the dealer and discovering that it was on sale. Seems like a typical thing for Jotul to give 10% at the beginning and end of the season. I remember they had a 10% sale back in Sep-Oct. All that to say, always ask for discounts at the dealer even if you don't see it in print!

Just spoke to the dealer near me here in Ohio and in Feb I can get the Jotul 450 (55,000 BTU) in matte black, with the optional blower and the black cast iron surround for $2153.

MSRP

C450 MATTE $2099
C450 ENAMEL $2299
surrounds $285/435

C350 Matte $1899
C350 Enamel $2099
surrounds $285/$435

castiron said:
philaphire said:

Just spoke to the dealer near me here in Ohio and in Feb I can get the Jotul 450 (55,000 BTU) in matte black, with the optional blower and the black cast iron surround for $2153.

that's about 10% off looking at MSG's MSRP post...

MountainStoveGuy said:
MSRP

C450 MATTE $2099
C450 ENAMEL $2299
surrounds $285/435

C350 Matte $1899
C350 Enamel $2099
surrounds $285/$435

MSG

Might want to clarify that...some dealers include the surround in the price and the blower is optional....since you don't mention the blower, does the $2099 for the 450 in matte black include the blower? If not, what's the total price for the stove, surround and the blower?

philaphire said:
castiron said:
philaphire said:

that's about 10% off looking at MSG's MSRP post...

Yes but I asked MSG to clarify his numbers.....there's no mention of the blower and it's usually an optional item so I asked him for the total price for the insert, surround and the blower. My price included all three of these and whatever the dealer give me based on Jotuls "up to 10% discount" that Jotul mentions.....some dealers won't give ANY discount.....

Wow...stove are sure expensive out there.....I called these dealers and one said he wanted $2,471 for the stove and surround and $338 for the blower......total of $2,809 plus tax and wouldn't give any of the "up to 10% discount" mentioned on the Jotul site...... The other dealer said $2,443 for the insert and surround and $281 for the blower for a total of $2,724 and I forgot to ask if he'd give any of the "up to 10% discount".....

My dealer here says he'll sell me this insert and surround for $2,114 less 10% which makes it $1,903 plus $250 for the blower for a total of 2,153 plus tax........that's about $571 to $ 653 cheaper........

the insert comes standard with the blower... thats why i didnt list it as a option...

so you take:
$2099 unit
$285 surround
--------
$2384 total

10% off is
$2146 for everything.

we typically discount everything, so manufactures sales usually dont apply. Alot of big Jotul dealers that buy right will typically show 10% off without you even knowing it. We show 15% off of MSRP. Smaller delaers who only buy a few stove sell for MSRP plus freight.

$2146 total vs $2809. WOW that s huge difference! :bug:

Roospike said:
$2146 total vs $2809. WOW that s huge difference! :bug:

the amount I was quoted of $2,153 is confirmed by MSG's $2,146 so I know I'm getting a pretty good deal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.