Mt. vernon AE comb blower jammed...I've tried everything- now fixed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airmousam

Nov 16, 2013
Boston
Hi, thanks in advance for reading this ;). Had my stove tuned up a couple of weeks ago, called the dealer the day before to let them know I needed a vac switch, they said no prob. They showed up(stove was confirmed warm and had been running fine prior to their arrival) they did their thing, and stove would not power up, control panel dead! They said it was not their fault and walked... I replaced the control board and vac switch myself and stove powered up, no problem..ran a few mins but never lit...comb blower jammed error, snap disk is ok (had continuity thru it, so assume its closed and ok) area inside was vacuumed and is clean, no obstructions. Repleaced the comb blower, still getting the comb blower error. Any ideas before I replace the stove? Thanks much for any input!!

Its now fixed! Update....after rechecking every possible connection, decided to mess with the switch on the control board...setting was on 1 and i moved it to 2 and pulgged it in....noticed right away the comb blower was spinning faster....low and behold the stove is running and now I have a spare comb blower ;). Hope thus helps someone down the road! Cheers!!!!

Hi, thanks in advance for reading this ;). Had my stove tuned up a couple of weeks ago, called the dealer the day before to let them know I needed a vac switch, they said no prob. They showed up(stove was confirmed warm and had been running fine prior to their arrival) they did their thing, and stove would not power up, control panel dead! They said it was not their fault and walked... I replaced the control board and vac switch myself and stove powered up, no problem..ran a few mins but never lit...comb blower jammed error, snap disk is ok (had continuity thru it, so assume its closed and ok) area inside was vacuumed and is clean, no obstructions. Repleaced the comb blower, still getting the comb blower error. Any ideas before I replace the stove? Thanks much for any input!!

What is this switch??? I guess I am not familiar with one on my Englander, having problems with the blower being sluggish, like barely turning, all cleaned. Have switched power electrodes with room blower and blower spins fine, and fast. What is causing my combustion blower not to blow when wired to the electrodes for the convection/exhaust blower? Is this a motherboard issue, everything else is powering fine, this is a BRAND new blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.